To dramatically improve the health and wellness of our communities in Southeast Michigan and Northwest Ohio by being a premier society for healthcare leaders.
The mission of Midwest Chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives (MCACHE), operating in the territory designated by ACHE, is to be the professional membership society for healthcare executives; to meet its members’ professional, educational, and leadership needs; to promote high ethical standards and conduct; to advance healthcare leadership and management excellence; and to promote the mission of ACHE. In addition, MCACHE shall provide a local forum for the open exchange of information and viewpoints, which enhance the decision-making expertise and professional growth of its members. MCACHE stands committed to providing for the fair and equitable treatment of all people, in our communities, regardless of race, social-economic status, religious, or political affiliations. Our time as leaders is now, to be part of the solutions, and use our collective voice and resources to advocate for innovative and sustainable change.
The purpose of MCACHE shall be:
- To provide a local educational forum to support the professional growth and development of its membership.
- To further professional knowledge through programs designed to familiarize members with local, regional, and national healthcare activities and trends.
- To stimulate interest in improved methods of healthcare management.
- To provide an opportunity for members to expand their network and range of interpersonal contacts with their colleagues from other institutions and organizations.
- To offer members a forum in which to evaluate critical healthcare issues concerning southeast Michigan and northwest Ohio through group discussions and idea exchange.
- To serve as a role model professional organization for students in healthcare organizations, leadership and management and provide opportunities for early student engagement.
MCACHE is a professional organization first established in 1984 as the Southeastern Michigan Health Executive Forum (SEMHEF). In January 2002, SEMHEF was revitalized and transformed into Michigan Healthcare Executives Group and Associates (MHEGA), a local Chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE). In 2008, MHEGA welcomed healthcare executives from ACHE’s northwest Ohio Chapter and changed its name to Midwest Healthcare Executives Group and Associates to reflect the merger. In 2014, MHEGA changed its name to the Midwest Chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives.
Today, MCACHE is more than 900 members strong and provides a local forum for the exchange of information and viewpoints to enhance professional development and facilitate networking opportunities. MCACHE is an authorized affiliate of the ACHE.
For more information, please contact MCACHE via email at [email protected].